Heil has combined 2 of their best products to create one amazing product – the Heil DuraPack® Rapid Rail® Side Loader Garbage Truck. With all the features and benefits of the DuraPack body with the Rapid Rail arm, the DuraPack Rapid Rail features a heavy lifting capacity of up to 1,600 pounds, while allowing for residential, commercial, and multi-family collection. This allows our customers to utilize one unit with more payload carrying capacity, while eliminating the need for a chase truck and causing fewer trips to the landfill due to the greater payload capacity.
The Heil DuraPack® Rapid Rail® Side Loader Garbage Truck also features proportional controls and dual joystick capabilities and a lift-feathering feature which allows for precision control while giving the operator a smoother lift and reducing shake in the cab. This gives the operator the ability to precisely pick up containers from difficult areas and reduces the need for the operator to exit the cab and wear and tear on the lift, providing more uptime and a lower total cost of ownership. The dual joystick capability gives the operator precise control, allowing the operator to utilize it with the press of a button, reducing time training and increasing productivity from day one. It also creates consistency for operators from mixed fleets as they transition from one unit to another with no loss in route time.
The Heil DuraPack® Rapid Rail® Side Loader Garbage Truck also features Heil’s Cortex with Insight Display. The system “brain” is a rugged mobile controller that provides the intelligence and precise control their unit demands. Utilizing a mobile controller and placing it in a protected location provides the needed intelligence durability customers require, resulting in less downtime and ease of service.
The Heil DuraPack® Rapid Rail® Side Loader Garbage Truck features:
- Heavy Lift Capacity that utilizes one unit with more payload carrying capacity to allow for residential, commercial and multi-family collection, fleet size reduction less trips to the landfill with greater payload capacity
- Easy-to-Operate Dual Joystick Capability for precise control to operate the lift to reduce training time and ease transition for operators between trucks.
- Proportional Controls allow for precision gives the operator a smoother lift while reducing cab shake, the need for the operator to exit the cab, and wear and tear on the lift and providing more uptime and a lower Total Cost of Ownership.
- Cortex™ with Insight™ Display provides durability combined with intelligence and precise control through a mobile controller in a protected location for less downtime and ease of service.
- Above-Grade Can Picks up to 2 feet eliminate the need for the operator to get out and reposition the can, allowing for increased efficiency and safety.
- In-Cylinder Sensors eliminate three proximity switches, reducing wear and tear, lift maintenance, proximity adjustment, parts cost and difficulty troubleshooting.
- Can Shake Feature allows the operator to shake stubborn refuse out of the container at the top of the lift cycle without multiple arm cycles with a simple press of a button, keeping the operator in the cab and eliminating spillage.
- Auto-Lift Feature lets the automation do the work by pressing and holding the grab button and the arm automatically carries the can up and into the hopper for a container dump all in one smooth motion, reducing the chance of the operator spilling refuse and increasing efficiency by reducing route time.