The Heil DuraPack® Python Automated Side Loader Garbage Truck automated side loader combines two proven products to create one high-performance package — the DuraPack® body, which is famous for its toughness and productivity, and the patented Python automated arm, which is faster, smoother, and longer-lasting than any other.
Able to lift up to 800 pounds, the patented Python® automated arm has a 9-foot reach, able to lift up to 800 lbs, making it a strong and fast performer on any residential route, and the DuraPack body is the industry standard when it comes to dependability and toughness. It features cushioned cylinders for smooth action, saving wear and tear on the lift arm and the chassis. The Python’s unique lift geometry also prevents spillage and enables the arm to return carts with the lids closed every time.
The patented Python® arm on the Heil DuraPack® Python Automated Side Loader Garbage Truck has an 8-second lift cycle that saves as much as 4 seconds per stop and 1 hour per day, giving you a savings of more than $15,000 per truck per year. You don’t have to wait for the hopper to catch up with a load, either, because the Python’s follower panel enables continuous dumping. Twin packing cylinders deliver outstanding payloads, so you can collect more homes with fewer trips to the disposal site.
The Python® arm features cushioned cylinders for action that’s as smooth as a snake, saving wear and tear on the lift arm and the chassis. The Python’s unique lift geometry also prevents spillage and enables the arm to return carts with the lids closed every time. Heil’s Operate-in-Gear-at-Idle System is designed to reduce wear and tear, but also greatly reduces noise to benefit to operators and customers.
The Heil DuraPack® Python Automated Side Loader Garbage Truck was designed with features to withstand the punishment of daily use:
- Service Smart™ Design simplifies routine maintenance and reduces time in the shop, increasing time serving your customers and making money
- On-board Diagnostic Tools to quickly and easily diagnose problems away from outside hazards and weather
- Tough Tailgate reinforced to prevent buckling and featuring a 60-inch seal to keep liquids inside the body where they belong
- Shur-Lock™ Tailgate Locks keep payloads secure while enabling the operator to unlock and open the tailgate to discharge the payload from inside the cab while reflective indicator tags, visible from the cab’s mirrors, confirm when the tailgate is sealed.
- Reliable, Ergonomic Joystick Controls deliver smoother performance and enhance usability. With the standard AutoLoad system, the operator can reach, grab, lift, dump, and return the arm to the stowed position using only the joystick and 2 buttons.
- Python® Grabber Gears made from specially formulated high-strength alloy steel to eliminate virtually all gear wear. The gears are splined to the grabber shafts and can be cycled up to 1,000,000 times with no evidence of wear.
- Python® Automated Lift saves you up to 4 seconds per stop and up to 1 hour per day, adding up to more than $15,000 in savings per truck per year. Python’s 9-foot reach works around obstacles, making even the most difficult pick-ups possible.
- DuraMount™ Design used to mount the lift to the chassis frame, reduces the potential for bolt fatigue and provides Service Smart™ bolt access for easy maintenance.
- Fully-welded Interlaced Subframe for exceptional strength and durability, while resisting corrosion and salt damage for a long lifespan.
- 5.2 Cubic Yard Hopper to handle a variety of container sizes, from 30 to 96 gallons, with fewer trips to the disposal site
- Exceptional Reach from a patented automated arm that reaches up to 9 feet and accommodates below level-grade pickups