With over 20,000 built and nearly 30 years of reliability, the Heil DuraPack® 5000 Rear Load Garbage Truck is considered the unrivaled workhorse of the industry. This high-compaction refuse vehicle has become the standard of garbage collection fleets, from small independent haulers to the world’s largest municipal fleet.
Engineered to last through years of hauling, the Heil DuraPack® 5000 Rear Load Garbage Truck features the only fully welded, interlaced subframe in a refuse collection truck. With formed channels for extra strength, high tensile strength steel to maximize performance at a minimum weight, and full welding for superior resistance to corrosion and cracking. Exceptional weight distribution incorporates a high cylinder mount into a compact design with a short overhang to maximize forward loading of both the body and the payload.
Easy to operate with one-handed manual packing controls and a simple two-step cycle that reloads in just 6 to 8 seconds, the Heil DuraPack® 5000 Rear Load Garbage Truck gets operators through their routes quickly. Available in 20, 25 and 32 Cubic Yard capacity.
The Heil DuraPack® 5000 Rear Load Garbage Truck boasts:
- High Capacity 3.94 Cubic Yard Hopper accommodates large items
- Heil’s Linkage Packing System for proven performance, larger loads and more packing power with smaller cylinders and no rollers, slides, or slide shoes to wear out
- Service Smart™ Side Door provides easy access for maintenance keeps you away from the shop and out servicing customers
- Strong Foundation due to an interlaced subframe provides exceptional strength, durability, and a long lifespan.
- Frame-Mounted Oil Tank for reduced filter maintenance that includes standard sight gauge and in-cab filter bypass monitors
- 3-micron Superior Filtration keeps oil cleaner and extends the life of hydraulic components by reducing damage to the hydraulic system
- One-Handed Manual Packing for simple, convenient control over the packing cycle