The Heil Liberty™ Automated Side Loader Garbage Truck combines one of the most productive automated side load garbage truck bodies with the most advanced Python® arm into one true performer. The patented Python automated sideload arm can reach up to 9 feet, has an 8-second cycle time, and can lift up to 800 lbs, making it perfect for residential collection. The constant pack body is the lightest in the industry and has a patented paddle packer that continuously sweeps the hopper, eliminating the need to stop and pack the load. Combining Heil’s Continuous Pack Body technology with the patented Python® arm, has allowed Heil to create a refuse collection truck with proven reliability and unsurpassed speed.
The Continuous Pack Body on the Heil Liberty™ Automated Side Loader Garbage Truck has been a popular favorite for more than 35 years. This side loader accommodates trash collection routes of almost any size, with seven models ranging from 16 to 32 cubic yards. Heil’s patented paddle packer continuously sweeps the hopper, eliminating the need to stop and pack the load. And, because there’s no packer panel to slide into the body, the need for shoes, guide tracks, guide rails, and internal body parts is eliminated — as is the need to clean out behind the packer.
The Heil Liberty™ Automated Side Loader Garbage Truck is specifically engineered to easily accommodate any size route with:
- Python® Grabber Gears made from specially formulated high-strength alloy steel to eliminate virtually all gear wear. The gears are splined to the grabber shafts and can be cycled up to 1,000,000 times with no evidence of wear.
- DuraMount™ Design used to mount the lift to the chassis frame, reduces the potential for bolt fatigue and provides Service Smart™ bolt access for easy maintenance.
- Ergonomic Joystick Controls deliver smoother performance and enhance usability. With the standard AutoLoad system, the operator can reach, grab, lift, dump, and return the arm to the stowed position using only the joystick and 2 buttons.
- Patented Paddle Packer continuously sweeps the hopper, eliminating the need to stop and pack the load. This eliminates the need to clean out debris behind the packer blade.
- Strong Foundation constructed of high tensile steel, 1⁄2-inch thick in the hopper floor and wall, and 7-gauge 50,000 psi in the body floor. The floor is also supported by 10-inch structural channel longmembers.
- Easy Maintenance with all hydraulic cylinders accessible from ground level and a packer cylinder located under the body to protect it from refuse contamination.
- Exceptional Lift and Reach with the patented Python® arm that reaches up to 9 feet and is able to lift up to 800 pounds, featuring cushioned cylinders for smooth action, while saving wear and tear on both the lift arm and the chassis. The Python’s unique lift geometry enables the arm to return carts with the lids closed every time.
- Fewer Cylinders needed to operate Heil’s Continuous Pack Body – two rather than four, to reduce maintenance time.
- Operate-in-Gear-at-Idle System provides quiet, fuel-efficient operation that greatly reduces noise while helping you finish routes up to 20 percent faster, saving up to one gallon of fuel per hour, and reducing wear and tear.
- Less Component Wear and Tear because there is no packer panel to slide into the body, so the need for shoes, guide tracks, guide rails, and internal body parts is eliminated.